The Schlerihaus belongs to the castle complex of Stachlburg: until the year 2000 it stood ugly and ignored at the edge of Peter-Mitterhof-Platz square. For many years the ground floor had served as stables, and the upper floor as temporary housing for harvest workers. It has since been renovated, and several beautiful frescoes salvaged. The Knights’ Hall (Rittersaal) was built around 1700, as a setting for the landlords to host private parties.
Once every autumn since 2009, the current landlord, the Baron von Kripp, opens his beautiful hall to hold a concert in memory of his ancestor, Johann von Stachl. The concert includes selected early music performed on period instruments, organized in collaboration with the Local Heritage Association (Verein für Heimatpflege) of Parcines/Partschins, the Association of Friends of Stachlburg (Verein Freunde der Stachlburg) and the Tourism Association of Parcines/Partschins-Rablà/Rabland.
Vinschgau/Val Venosta (SS 38 direction Meran/Merano) – Partschins/Parcines Bozen/Bolzano MEBO-Highway (direction Meran/Merano) – State Street SS38 (direction Reschenpass/ Passo Resia) – Partschins/Parcines
Parking is available at the church (next to the typewriter museum), and the parking area, the bus terminal point (parking 1 hour parking disc, underground parking max. 8 hours)